Tuna pasta bake is a homey warming dish which is simple tasty recipe with tomatoes, pasta, fish and a cheesy topping.
recipe for tuna pasta bake makes a fast and delicious dinner.
It is very easy to bake, let’s learn how to cook tuna pasta bake by using store cupboard ingredients, tinned tuna and sweet corn. Just you need six ingredients at all for this speedy, budget-friendly dinner!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 300g dried macaroni pasta
- 40g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat grated pizza cheese
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 20 minutes, Total Time: 30 minutes
Method to recipe for tuna pasta bake:
- First, we need to heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas.
- Boil the pasta for 2 minutes less time than stated on the pack. Warm through a shallow oven proof dish in the preheated oven.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook for at least 1 minute, and then gradually stir in the milk to make a thick white sauce.
- After that remove from the heat and stir in all but a handful of cheese.
- Then drain the pasta, mix it with white sauce, tuna, sweet corn and parsley.
- Transfer to a baking dish and top with the rest of the grated cheese.
- Finally bake it for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden and starting to brown.
recipe for tuna pasta bake
As the cheese on the top become brown, it represent that your sweet tuna pasta bake is ready to eat. Reserve a little parsley for garnishing before serving. Serve with a crisp tomato sauce, green salad, and crusty bread and enjoy the deliciousness of the wonderful Tuna Pasta bake. You can also add fried onion, garlic, capsicum and broccoli to the recipe for tuna pasta bake.
Here the main Ingredients are Tuna & Pasta only, so if want to make it easier, you can make it with only these and can serve with crispy tomato sauce and can also enjoy the dish in recipe for tuna pasta bake.
You can also make this in different styles like Italian-Style Tuna Pasta Bake, Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake, Tuna pasta bake Tomato, Dairy-Free Tuna Pasta Bake, Tuna and Vegetable Pasta Bake and a lot.
Even kids like this very much and enjoy the delicious dish. So, in case of kids also, no need to make separate dishes for them, they will definitely enjoy this recipe for tuna pasta bake.
Tuna pasta bake consists of:
- 752 calories
- 37g of protein
- Carbohydrate – 99g
- Fat – 26 g
- Saturated fat – 15g
- Fiber – 4g
- Sugar – 12g
- Salt – 1.43 g
You can enjoy the yummy tuna pasta bake with your friends & family and it is also most delicious weeknight recipes around, you can specially plan for any party on weekend and have a wonderful weekend.